Sometimes when life gets messy you've got to spread around a little fairy dust to make it through the day!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pina Colada Cheesecake

I had a can of frozen pina colada drink mix in the freezer that has been shoved around in there for almost two years now. We weren't sure what to do with it. I finally decided to search online for some recipes using the drink mix. I decided to make a cheesecake. I'm glad I searched because I would have never thought of that on my own. And...I've never made cheesecake before either! The recipe I used did not have me use all of the pina colada so with the remaining amount we made fruit smoothies for our snack for the daycare kids....yum!

Pina Colada Cheesecake Recipe

Ingredients:

For Pie:
  • 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup thawed frozen pina colada concentrate mix
For crust:
  • 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 6 tbs butter, melted
Directions:

For Pie:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
3. Add eggs; mix just until blended.
4. Stir in concentrate.
5. Pour into crust.
6. Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool,.
7. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
8. Store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.

For Crust:
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well blended.
2. Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Cool.


Optional: top with your favorite pie filling, drizzle with chocolate syrup, mix crushed pineapple, a package of vanilla pudding mix and cool whip then put a spoonful on top...get creative! Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment