Sometimes when life gets messy you've got to spread around a little fairy dust to make it through the day!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Daycare Themes - St. Patrick's Day

I love themes! I love holiday themes even more! It gives me the opportunity to be creative. I use a theme throughout the day with our meals, activities, and crafts. St. Patrick's Day was no exception.

The day started out with breakfast. We had green eggs and ham (pictured below), green apple slices, and "golden" toast.

 Here is the completed breakfast:

For lunch we had "golden" chicken nuggets, green jello with crushed pineapple, corn and milk. Note: I had thought we had lime jello, but I discovered we did not - instead I used pineapple jello and added two drops of green food coloring. 


For snack we had "gold coins" which was peanut butter spread between two crackers.

For our activity we colored leprechaun pictures I printed off the Internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment