- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Desired jelly (I used strawberry, apricot, peach, and blackberry)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar and stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour and salt. Combine the flour mixture and the butter mixture until the dough is crumbly but holds together when pinched.
- Take a walnut-sized piece of dough in one hand. With the thumb of the other hand, gently knead it three times
- Roll it into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. With your knuckle or thumb, press a well in the center and fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jelly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.