- 1 box Butter Yellow cake mix (follow directions on the back for baking).
- 1 can Chocolate frosting
- 1 pre-made tube of yellow frosting
- 1 pre-made tube of green frosting
- 1 pre-made tube of red frosting
- 1 jar of sesame seeds
- Bake boxed cake mix according to the directions on the package. Pull the cupcakes from the oven a few minutes early (2-3 minutes) and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Place back into the oven and bake for an additional minute or two. Watch carefully as not to burn the cupcakes. When they are a golden brown remove them from the oven to cool.
- Let cupcakes cool before frosting.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, cut the cupcakes in half horizontally.
- Place chocolate frosting into a piping bag with the tip cut off. Slowly squeeze the chocolate frosting onto the top of the lower half of the cupcake. This will create the "patty".
- Next, place a thin tip on the tube of green (lettuce) frosting and slowly pipe that around. It is okay to be messy! Next pipe on the yellow (mustard) and the red (ketchup) frosting.
- Place the top layer back on.
- Keep in a cool place until you serve them!
Notes: You can use white or vanilla frosting and food coloring to get the same desired effect. I only had store bought tube frosting in yellow and green. I made the red (ketchup) by combining red food coloring and white frosting but was unable to get the desired red I wanted....it came out more of a hot pink. But everyone still understood it to be the "ketchup". I made my cupcakes the night before the dinner it was to be served at and it was hot outside so we stored the cupcakes in an airtight container in the basement where it was much cooler...it worked really well as I don't have the refrigerator room to keep all those cupcakes cool!