Sometimes when life gets messy you've got to spread around a little fairy dust to make it through the day!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Yummy Cake Balls

I celebrated my birthday a few weeks ago and was given a fantastic gift from my sister-in-law. She gave me one of those cake ball makers! It is awesome! This past weekend I made the cake balls for a family gathering and they were a hit. They were so easy and simple to make! I am already planning on making more soon. The great thing is included with the cake ball maker are a few recipes (for things like cookie balls, muffin balls, and cinnamon roll balls) and an injector (to put filling inside the balls). It shows you can use almost any pre-made mix (ex. pancake mixes, cookie mixes, muffin mixes) or you can create your own.


I used a white cake mix to make my cake balls (though you can make them from scratch). I followed the directions on the package. I then placed the batter into each of the wholes on the cake ball maker, closed the lid and let it work it's magic. After 6 minutes (it says most recipes need 5-7 minutes) I opened the lid to check on them and they were perfect. I removed them, using a spoon, to a wire rack to cool. After about 2 minutes they were cool enough to handle. I had purchased a prepackaged bag of raspberry filling from our local grocery store bakery (but you can using canned filling or make your own). I filled it into the injector and put it in the middle. I finished the balls off by rolling them in powdered sugar.

I can't wait to make more. I'm thinking of doing chocolate cake mix and dipping each one halfway in white chocolate almond bark then in fun festive cake sprinkles! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment