To make 10 cookies:
- 1 pkg. Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (and ingredients on pkg)
- 10 large marshmallows
- Decorating icing tubes (black, orange, and other desired colors for buttons, scarves, bows, etc)
- Royal Icing ingredients: 1 egg white, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp. lemon juice (makes 2 cups)
- Mix cookie mix according to pkg directions. Grab a chuck (about golf ball size) and squish it down using the palm of your hand until its about 1/4 inch thick. The lumpier or misshaped the better! Bake according to the directions on the pkg.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool.
- Make the royal icing: combine the egg white and sugar, whip with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice, mix again for 3 minutes.
- Slather the royal icing over the top of the cookie. Spread it around with the back of a spoon or rubber spatula. Let it dribble off the side.
- Spray a microwave safe plate with cooking spray. Place marshmallows on the plate (I did 5 at a time). Microwave for 30 seconds (watch that the marshmallows do not double in size).
- Spray your fingers with cooking spray. Carefully pull the marshmallows of by the base and set them on top of the cookie icing (not centered).
- Decorate the cookies as you'd like.