While looking around my parents pantry/storage area I came across a Mirro Press Cookie maker. Since it wasn't getting much use at their house, I asked if I could take it home and try it out. For Christmas this year I gave it a try. I used the star press plate to make some festive holiday cookies that I included on my annual cookie tray I give to relatives and close friends every year.
Here is how they turned out:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- I added 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract as well and a few drops of green food coloring
- Cream the butter and cream cheese. Add the sugar and cream well. Then add the vanilla extract (and/or peppermint extract and/or food coloring).
- Slowly add the flour. Mix well.
- Fill a cookie press. Form cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet (I used the star press Mirro plate I held the press upright and turn it on the cookie sheet 1/4 turn).
- Bake in a 375F for 8-10 minutes.