Sometimes when life gets messy you've got to spread around a little fairy dust to make it through the day!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Press Cookies

Holly Wreaths:

While looking around my parents pantry/storage area I came across a Mirro Press Cookie maker. Since it wasn't getting much use at their house, I asked if I could take it home and try it out. For Christmas this year I gave it a try. I used the star press plate to make some festive holiday cookies that I included on my annual cookie tray I give to relatives and close friends every year.

Here is how they turned out:


Recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup flour 
  • I added 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract as well and a few drops of green food coloring
Directions:
  1. Cream the butter and cream cheese. Add the sugar and cream well. Then add the vanilla extract (and/or peppermint extract and/or food coloring).
  2. Slowly add the flour. Mix well. 
  3. Fill a cookie press. Form cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet (I used the star press Mirro plate I held the press upright and turn it on the cookie sheet 1/4 turn).
  4. Bake in a 375F for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment