Sometimes when life gets messy you've got to spread around a little fairy dust to make it through the day!

Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day treats and crafts

St. Patrick's Day is on Saturday. So this week was spent preparing and celebrating with the daycare kiddos. We love holidays around here and they make for wonderful learning opportunities with the kids. This week I made and gave out little treats to my daycare families, close friends and family members. I got the idea off of pinterest but adapted it to use items I already had on hand. The only things I had to go purchase for this project were the candies!


Materials:
  • Clear cellophane goodie bags (pre-purchased for another project from Party America, but I've also seen them at Walmart)
  • Rollo candies (any candy in gold wrappers would work. I found these were the cheapest at where I was shopping so I got them)
  • Colorful Twizzlers (cut in half to fit in the bag and to make more goody bag treats to hand out)
  • Staples and stapler
  • Green construction paper (cut into a square then folded in half)
  • A circle label stating "YOU ARE MY POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW" printed on white card stock 
  • Glue 
  • Cutting board and knife (to cut twizzlers in half) 

Here is a craft I did with the daycare kids. I used it as an opportunity to work on matching and colors. Older kids could work on cutting skills as well.

Materials used:
  • White construction paper
  • Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple construction paper cut into small pieces (and scissors)
  • Box of crayons
  • White cotton balls 
  • Glue

Here is a leprechaun craft: 

Materials used:
  • White paper plate 
  • Orange and black crayons
  • scissors (to cut out pieces and to cut along beard)
  • Googly eyes 
  • Green, black and yellow construction paper
  • Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment