Sometimes when life gets messy you've got to spread around a little fairy dust to make it through the day!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Gifts and Wrapping!

Tyler's family has a tradition of wrapping their gifts for the men in "funnies" from the newspaper (the comics). I wanted to find a way to make the wrapping more creative. While searching online I came across a website that showed you how to make gift bags using old newspaper. Below are pictures of the gift bag I made using the directions from their website. 

Happy Birthday Keith!

I used leftover ribbon from one of the gifts given to us from one of Audrey's baby shower.


 Another project:

I needed a quick and simple idea of something to make for the daycare kids to take home for mother's day. After some research online and talking with my mother. She shared that one of her favorite homemade gifts that we brought home from school as kids was a photograph of us taken at school made into a refrigerator magnet.

This was a perfect idea! I had all the items already (including a roll of magnetic strips) to use of the project. All I needed was to snap a few pictures and print them off on my printer at home. I decided they were just too cute that I made several extras to give to Tyler's and my mother and our grandmothers. Below are the finished products.

Materials used:
  • Glue stick
  • Assorted colors of thick card stock/scrapbook paper
  • Magnetic strips (purchased for another project at Michael's Craft Store)
  • Pen (to write a personal note, Audrey's name and date photo was taken)
  • Photograph

No comments:

Post a Comment