Sometimes when life gets messy you've got to spread around a little fairy dust to make it through the day!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Recycled Spaghetti Sauce Jar Craft

I am one who likes to reuse and recycle whenever I can. My husband and I try to recycle as much as we can. We have a tote at the top of our stairs near our kitchen were we put all the items in that eventually make their way to the many free recycle center drop offs we have here in town. We like to recycle glass, card board, paper, newspaper, magazines, tin, aluminum, plastic (1-5) containers at these drop off recycle center bins. We also have a composite heap in the backyard behind our shed. And we donate clothing, household goods, etc. to local charities (Veteran's charities, Salvation Army, March of Dimes, etc) and the goodwill. We also shred a lot of paper and keep it in bags to use when we feel like using the fire pit in the back yard to help start a fire on a cold night.

Before getting rid of these items I look at them to figure out if I can reuse them in anyway. Here is how I got the idea for reusing some Ragu spaghetti sauce jars (and one old canning jar).


Materials:
  • 2 Ragu jars
  • 1 canning jar that was missing it's lid
  • Hodge podge (purchased years ago for another craft project I made)
  • Scissors - to cut strips and the faces out 
  • Tissue paper (reused from gift bags I've received - I never throw that stuff out!)
  • Ribbon (out of the dollar bins of left over scrap ribbon)
  • paint brush (to paint the hodge podge onto the jars)

No comments:

Post a Comment